With the delivery of thousands of packages during this holiday season, the Kenosha Police Department would like to remind you to use common sense when having them delivered.
Criminals are bold enough these days to steak packages right from unattended front porches.
If you observe this type of incident, please report it immediately to the Kenosha Police Department by calling 911 in an emergency or 262.656.1234 in a non-emergency situation. Remember, never put yourself in harm’s way.
Here are some package theft prevention tips:
- Ask for a tracking number. Most major shipping companies offer this service at no charge. This number allows you to track your packages and notifies you when they will be delivered.
- Request a “Signature Delivery Option.” This requires a signature when the packages are delivered and ensures they will not be left at the front door.
- Request a specific drop off time and date when you will be home to accept your packages.
- Arrange to have your packages held at the shipping service so you can pick them up.
- Ask the delivery service to leave your packages at a side or back door.
- Have your packages delivered to your workplace.
- Have your packages delivered to the home of a relative or neighbor who will be there to accept them.
- Ask to have your packages delivered to a retail store so you can pick them up at your convenience.
- Ask a trustworthy neighbor to keep a “Watchful Eye” out for you packages. If they’re willing, ask them to safeguard your packages until you return home.
- If your packages do not arrive as scheduled contact the sender immediately.
The Kenosha Police Department wishes all a safe and happy holiday season.